Tori's Reviews > Three Wishes: Our True Story of Good Friends, Bad Odds, Crushing Heartbreak, and One Little Thing That Inspired a Lot of Happiness

Three Wishes by Carey Goldberg

Aug 25, 10

bookshelves: non-fiction
Read from August 24 to 25, 2010

I wouldn't have chosen to read this book, but was pleasantly surprised. This is the true story of three single women in their late thirties, who have individually decided that they want to have a child - with or without a husband. They are all professionals in journalism, I believe, and one of them buys vials of sperm from Donor 8282. Each of the women writes a chapter, so the reader goes back and forth between three kind of interconnecting stories. (that part was kind of confusing for me - I kept getting the women mixed up).
I enjoyed the thoughtfulness of their writing. It really is a shame when some women want a child so badly - and others in the world have children that they do not want and really aren't prepared to raise.
I can't imagine, though, how many intimate details of their lives that these women share - parts of it were a bit off-putting to me. Overall, though, the book was fascinating.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Three Wishes.