Rebecca's Reviews > Kindred

Kindred by Octavia E. Butler

Aug 24, 2010

bookshelves: historical-fiction, read2010, scifi, unreviewed
Read in August, 2010

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kindred.

Katie M. Nice. I'm currently in the middle of my 2nd OB - which, in spite of the fact that I somehow didn't notice until I was halfway through that it's the THIRD BOOK OF A TRILOGY WHOSE FIRST TWO BOOKS I HAVEN'T ACTUALLY READ, still manages to be awesome.

Rebecca Nice! I've been meaning to read this for YEARS. Not quite everything I was hoping for, but I couldn't put it down. I know Inder loved Parable of the Sower. Which have you read?

Katie M. Are you thinking of me? I've only read Parable of the Sower. I thought Inder read Lilith's Brood. Which... appears to be the complete collection of the trilogy I'm currently in the middle of the 3rd book of. D'oh. I can't decide whether to stop now and go back for the first 2, or just finish it and then start from the beginning.

Rebecca Ha. I must be confusing you. I don't actually know what either of them are about, so it's all the same to me. I recently realized that I read a prequel before the original book, which I thought was a sequel. That was bad enough. Read the first book first!