Melissa's Reviews > If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans

If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans by Ann Coulter

F_50x66
Aug 24, 10

Read in August, 2010

I read this book as part of the task, "read about a subject you disagree with." After seeing some people read books about adultery or polygamy or hookers, I really wish I went with one of those. At least they would've been entertaining.

Previous reviews, as well as Coulter herself, say that liberals don't like her because she is scary and right. Well this liberal doesn't like her because she is everything I dislike in humanity. She lumps all liberals together as one brainless blob of baby-murdering, America hating morons. There were several times I had to read the lines to someone else because I couldn't believe that someone would say things like that. Say things just to be shocking and say that liberals should cower before her. And what's even greater about this display of literary genius, it isn't even any new material. It's just a mash-up of all her other "witty" quotes.

I think it is interesting that people always describe her as being so amazing because she is a beautiful woman, yet she has no problems demeaning women and saying they shouldn't have the right to vote. I would quote some of her crazier stuff but I was all too happy to return this book to the library as soon as I was done with it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans.