Bookaholics's Reviews > Shadow Chase

Aug 24, 10

Shadow Chase by Seressia Glass
Urban Fantasy- July 28th, 2010
4 stars

This fast faced Urban thriller is sure to keep readers on their toes. The author starts the heroine in the thick of things and I would advise first time readers to check out the 1st book Shadow Blade to get up to speed.

The heroine, Kira Solomon has just recovered from a deadly battle that nearly killed her friends. And one where she almost died herself. She was only saved by the enigmatic and sexy Nubian Khefar. A man she desires but who keeps her at arms length. But before she can recover she is already assigned a new mission to find the Vessel of Nun. An object of power that unless returned will cause untold damage.

This book really explores Kira’s feelings. I liked how it delved into Kira’s thoughts of inadequacy and the need to prove herself. Because Kira has been tainted by shadow this reader could really feel how much she struggles to do the right thing. But I do have to admit all her constant insecurities did grate on me after a while.

I found the best part of the story were the fantastic secrets about Kira that are revealed. Especially why she was adopted by the powerful Balm. The author reveals details about Balm herself! Also the intriguing Khefar plays a prominent role in this book. He is the only one that Kira can actually touch without draining him of his life force. And his noble enigmatic personality plus super hot bod make him irresistible to Kira and me! This book was also special because Kira’s beloved mentor Bernie makes some unexpected cameos which were surprisingly heartfelt.

Fans of this series will have to get this book if only for the secrets it reveals about Kira’s past. I loved that it explores something other than vampires and shifters. The Egyptian lore the author combines gives it an exotic and alluring atmosphere that readers looking for something new in the Urban Fantasy genre will devour.

Reviewed by Steph from the Bookaholics Romance Book Club

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow Chase.