Jasmin's Reviews > Possession

Possession by Jennifer Armintrout

Aug 23, 2010

bookshelves: contemporary, contemporary-romance, four-stars, paranormal, paranormal-romance, romance, urban-fantasy, vampire, reviewed-by-me
Recommended for: Those who read The Turning, Blood Ties #1ne
Read from August 23 to 26, 2010

♪♫♪Bad, bad, bad, bad boy, you make me feel so good
Bad, bad, bad, bad boy, you make me feel so good, knew you would
The way you hold me tight you get me so excited
You tell me oh , so right, my heart goes beat, beat, beat, beat, beat, beat.
Bad Boy, Gloria Estefan

♪♫♪I'm a bad, bad, boy
And I'm gonna steal your love
Said I'm a bad, bad, boy
And I'm gonna steal your love
Come take me to your house
Then I'm gonna rip you off
Well I made my first kill
With the old town girl
She was the apple of her daddy's eye
Well that woman looked up at me
And I said honey we'll be
Together 'till the day I die
But I lied
I'm a bad, bad, boy
Bad Boy, Nazareth

I honestly have no idea how the songs' tune goes, but I feel like singing, or rather make a point that BAD BOYS have so much appeal, despite them being bad boys.

When I read The Turning, Blood Ties #1, I was pro-CYRUS. Cyrus is a bad boy, or rather a bad vampire. He ate and killed humans, just for the fun of it. He hurt others, for the pleasure of it. But me, myself, being good natured was hoping, through the entire book that Cyrus would change and become a hero. In cases of historical romances, the rakes, when reformed are always the best of husbands. But my expectations where not met. Cyrus was a bloody bastard all through the first page up to his untimely death. Though bad boys have their appeal, a bad boy who cannot be tamed should be avoided like the plague. Thus, I've given the first book two stars.

But with Possession, Blood Ties #2, Jennifer Armintrout managed to make my wishes come true. She seemed like a fairy god mother who turned a fairy tale to reality and outdid herself in the process.

Spoilers ahead.Cyrus, is back. He’s been resurrected and he’s human once more. He gained his soul back. But he also gained his conscience back. He’s held captive by the vampire cult, Fang. And there’s also this female human whose life is in his hand. Once he dies, the girl would be useless and end up as the Fang’s dinner. But Cyrus, as human, has lost immortality, but gained so much (his soul and conscience and humanity), but could he add love to this list as well?

Simultaneously, Dr. Carrie Ames, is in search of Nathan, who is possessed by the Soul Eater. She asks for the help of Max, Nathan’s former colleague, but still a friend. They visit the Movement’s headquarters and learns from the Oracle that the Soul Eater is trying to be god. Carrie, after learning this, is off to hunt for Cyrus and tries to save Nathan’s soul as well. End of spoilers.

The Blood Ties series has managed to redeem itself before my very eyes. The book was entertaining, the plot well thought off. And unlike the first book, the characters, especially Cyrus, has become very loveable. And it also made me conclude that even the worst of bad boys, can still be tamed and possessed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Possession.

message 1: by K.D. (new)

K.D. Absolutely Nice to have songs and reviews in one go, Jasmin! You are a prolific reviewer! You always make my day sunny and bright!

message 2: by Beanbag (new)

Beanbag Love Nice review, Jas! Thanks for getting that song stuck in my head. >_>

message 3: by Nissie (new)

Nissie Excellent review, Jasmin! The songs were a very nice touch!

Bad boys, bad boys
Whatcha gonna do
When they come for you

message 4: by Eastofoz (new)

Eastofoz LOL on the song Jasmin ;)

message 5: by Jasmin (last edited Aug 30, 2010 05:05PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jasmin thanks everyone!

♪♫♪ bad bad bad bad boy, you make me feel good LOL! :)