N.L. Riviezzo's Reviews > My Blood Approves

My Blood Approves by Amanda Hocking

Aug 23, 2010

it was ok
bookshelves: ebooks, books-i-own, read-in-2011, vampires-succubi-incubi-zombies, young-adult, ebooks-i-own
Read from May 06 to 07, 2011

Oh Unholy Twilight ripoff, Batman. I didn't have high hopes for this book given the first 10 pages consisted of bad pacing, horrid dialogue and unfortunate scene setting. I'm glad for that considering that the story and its pacing did not improve as it progressed. The only reason I gave it an extra star was because it was mercifully short and really cheap to obtain. If I had paid more that 99 cents and it had been longer than 181 pages, I would have only given it one star.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Blood Approves.

Wendy Darling You know, I totally agree with you on all these faults...but I could not stop reading them. Why why why?? But yeah, if they weren't so cheap, I'd be kind of pissed. It'll be interesting to see what her traditionally published books will be like.

N.L. Riviezzo I read the entire Twilight series even though I couldn't stand them. However, I do not see myself reading the rest of this series.

Wendy Darling I saw you have the Demon Underground series by Parker Blue in your TBR pile--those are great for Chloe Neill/Richelle Mead fans. Good action, good humor (books 2 and 3 are better than the first).

N.L. Riviezzo Good to know. :)

I have a ton of books making up Mt. TBR but I may have to move those up to the top.