Daniel Germain's Reviews > Superman for All Seasons

Superman for All Seasons by Jeph Loeb

4190421
Aug 23, 10

Read in August, 2010

I really enjoyed this book. I think that Jeph Loeb's storytelling is always really well thought out and the artwork by Tim Sale was an interesting approach to the Man of Steel. I loved the way that each season used a different supporting character's views on what was happening, Loeb tends to do that better than most other comics authors and really gets to the heart of the characters. I also really liked how Lois Lane was written in this book which, I think, returned more to the roots of the character. The only thing that I would have added was Clark showing a little more interest in Lois which never really comes through. My favorite part was when Martha says, "You of all people should know that whether he wears a cape and a big red "s" on his chest he's still our Clark." This gets down to an aspect of the Superman character that many tend to overlook. He is always Clark Kent even when he's in costume; there is no shift in the core of the character.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Superman for All Seasons.