Cherise's Reviews > My Love Life And Other Disasters

My Love Life And Other Disasters by Bernadine Darcy

Aug 24, 2010

bookshelves: arc-or-review-copy, romance
Read from August 23 to 24, 2010

Shawn O’Malley is 31 and still struggling to get control of her love life. She has three overbearing brothers who have done their best to ensure she never has sex. Everyman she has ever been interested in has come up against the unmovable obstacle of the O’Malley brothers’ brick wall.

With three of her romantic interests, past and present, back in town at the same time, Shawn starts getting a little crazy. With the help of her best friend, Suzie, they scheme and drink their way through Shawn’s many disasters. They are trying to get Shawn some long overdue satisfaction with her life long crush. The only trouble is he also happens to be her eldest brother’s best friend, Bryan.

By about page 3 I knew I had a keeper. Shawn is a loveable nut with a klutzy streak and a romantic heart. Her family is equally endearing and crazy as are the supporting characters.

Bernadine Darcy penned an extremely humorous and relatable romance about everyday people you can easily become attached to. I laughed my way through this book and found it very hard to put down. When I wasn’t laughing out loud I was grinning from ear to ear.

The conversations at the family dinners are fricken hysterical, and those alone would be worth buying this book. This book is just plain fun; it’s as smart, sexy and sassy as its heroine and I can’t wait to read more from this author. This is one of those books you keep on your shelf and read and reread when you need a little pick-me-up.

Cherise Everhard, August 2010

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Love Life And Other Disasters.