Shannan's Reviews > The Scorch Trials

The Scorch Trials by James Dashner

Sep 22, 2014

bookshelves: favorite, young-adult

[This book is the second instalment of The Maze Runner Trilogy.]
James Dashner is definitely in my Top Authors list! His books always leave an impact on me for some unidentified reason. I love this book to the point where it isn't healthy!

Once again James Dashner (or should I say Thomas) has taken me on an adventure that made me feel a great many emotions.
I admit to loving this book so much that I couldn't let go of it; causing me to read it entirly in one day with no breaks(I can't say my blatter and stomach were happy about that.)

Now I was trying to decide at one point if I liked the first book[of the trilogy] better than The Scorch Trials, but I honestly can't decide - or when I do, I end up changing my mind, so to give a bit of closeure for myself I'll say I like them both equally.

I won't go into the pros and cons of this book like I did with The Maze Runner, I don't think I have it in me to be unbiased again but I can say that this book was more serious than the previous book, it gives off a more overwhelming feeling of desperation than it's previous. The Scorch Trials started where The Maze Runner left off as if they weren't two different books and you definitely get more information, yet you still feel lost throughout the story. New characters are also introduced.
I do feel like anybody has a chance of enjoying this book therefore I do recommend you read it.

The last book of The Maze Runner Trilogy 'The Death Cure' is due to be in stores October 11 2011.
22 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Scorch Trials.

Tara Froelich I really want to read this one! Glad to know it was good!

Christpher Zanni It was the best book ever SPOILER!!! if you like all nice and happy ending let me just say this. YOU LOVE THAT GUY OH WAIT NOW THERE DEAD. Teresa Newt Chuck.. Welcome to Dashners world.....

message 3: by Rebecca (new) - added it

Rebecca L. Good book answered most of my questions .

message 4: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Johnson I am a fan of James Dashner's writing,but I wasn't too fond of this book.I don't understand where your emotion come from because in my opinion the book was extremely insipid.The characters lacked flavor and were extremely dull.I hoped the plot would be advancing but instead the book mirrored the first book in the series. Since, I am a fan of Dashner I will say that the book was filled with cliffhangers that made you question their whole existence and action packed scenes that made your heart race.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

SO, I Saw The Scorch Trials