Katie's Reviews > Ad Hoc at Home

Ad Hoc at Home by Thomas Keller

F_50x66
Sep 18, 11

Read from August 29 to September 05, 2011

This is a hefty book that I could see comfortably perched on counters all over the United States. Each copy would have a broken spine and splotched with drips and drabs of food. It would be thumbed through when a bit of inspiration was needed.

Ad Hoc at Home is chock full of great tips and recipes and there really isn’t anything NOT to like about this book.

It’s a great way to learn some basic (but upscale) recipes to try out in your kitchen. Don’t expect dainty restaurant dishes or anything terribly fussy.

I think that you of course need to start with a foundation of knowledge in cooking before you can move on to increasing complexity. Ad Hoc provides an entire book of recipes to help you start to develop yourself as a skilled home cook.

I also liked the little tips sprinkled throughout the book – they are actually very helpful (I find in many cookbooks those little “tips” end up just being filler).

Overall this is a successful cookbook. I wish that it was a little lighter in weight – I think it may weigh 7 pounds, but I don’t really count that as a criticism.

**** = glad I read it, I enjoyed it, I would read it again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ad Hoc at Home.