Cheryl's Reviews > Drama Queen

Drama Queen by La Jill Hunt

Oct 16, 10

bookshelves: 2010-library-books
Read from October 14 to 16, 2010

This book was definitely full of drama and Kayla sure is the drama queen. So much seems to happen to her. I really felt like I got to know her character and felt like she was a friend. Kayla is in love with Gino, but he cheats on her with her sister. After that, she has a date on Valentine's Day with Craig. Her friend gave her a condom to use. Kayla thought there was no way she would need that. Well, she should have used it. She confronted him and he said he didn't want a kid and she said:

"Then your ass shoulda considered that when you went raw dog on me. And furthermore, you ain't my prime choice to be the father of my child. Nigga, ain't nobody trying to trap your ass if that's what you're thinking!" (P46)

She also had a friend named Terrell, but he was just a friend. She was still in love with Gino, but she just didn't know what to do between him and Craig. They were were sure they were each the father of her baby.

I loved the way this book just drew me in to all the drama and kept me wondering who was really the father of her baby and who she would end up with. Each man had his own unique qualities that were good, but they also had a lot of faults too. She was definitely too good a woman to have this much drama.

La Jill Hunt is an awesome writer and I can't wait to read more of her books!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Drama Queen.

10/14/2010 page 38
10/16/2010 page 300
100.0% "Sad this book had to end. Got really attached to Kayla's character!"
show 1 hidden update…