Elise Stokes's Reviews > G is for Gumshoe

G is for Gumshoe by Sue Grafton

Aug 22, 2010

bookshelves: mystery

Just finished "G is for Gumshoe" today. I happen to like Kinsey Milhoune and don't mind that she is stuck in the '80s. Though I enjoyed the story, this isn't the best Kinsey mystery, and I never did figure out what a "Gumshoe" was.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read G is for Gumshoe.

message 1: by P_campbe (new)

P_campbe I haven't read these books in a long time! They are pretty fun. I should pick them up again. The one thing I like about winter is that I have a great excuse to sit and read books while it is cool and rainy outside!

Elise Stokes They are, and not obsessive reading. I'm not in a frantic trying to get to the end.

Hayley I agree - what the hell is a Gumshoe???

Elise Stokes Hayley wrote: "I agree - what the hell is a Gumshoe???"

Good! It wasn't just me.:)

message 5: by Dana (new)

Dana Griffin O!M!G! You read a novel by the writer that thought we Indie writers were short cutting the publishing process. Tsk, Tsk. :-) I too like Ms. Grafton's books before she made that statement. Good review though.

Hayley Elise wrote: "Hayley wrote: "I agree - what the hell is a Gumshoe???"

Good! It wasn't just me.:)"

For the record, I just Googled it and a Gumshoe is a detective :P

Jodi Culliney Gumshoe is another name for a private detective.

Donna She wasn't stuck in the 80's. She started writing this series in the 80's. This book is copyright 1990 so I was still in high school. That is part of what makes these books so fun for me. Every time I start one I look at the copyright date and remember what grade I was in and what was going on the world then. I remember taking typing on an old fashioned type writer and enjoy Grafton's descriptions of horrible clothing and home decor.