Nora St Laurent's Reviews > Double Trouble

Double Trouble by Susan May Warren

Aug 22, 2010

Read in June, 2010

What is love? One thing PJ does discover is that love is more than a feeling!

Susan May Warren has created a honest, humorous and smart heroine in PJ, who constantly seems to be tripping over her own feet and making promises that she can't keep. The sparks between PJ and Jeremy fly right off the page and will have readers just as torn between Boone and Jeremy as PJ is.

PJ is out to prove she has what she can to become a real investigator. She’s determined to do whatever it takes to get the job done. I also enjoyed the fact that PJ really does want to do what God has asked her to do; she just isn’t quite sure what that is. She seeks His help but can’t seem to see herself or her situation the way God does. I can relate to PJ and enjoyed her. I found myself in stitches several times throughout this story.

I really liked this novel, it was entertaining, but thought provoking, tender, but mysteriously deep. I like the spiritual thread and the struggle PJ encountered throughout the course of this book - to find out just what God had in store for her life. It’s a struggle that most of us face and could relate to. I also enjoyed the fun cast-off zany characters and the mystery PJ tries to get to the bottom of. I'm very thankful that I received a review copy of this book and I have to say, I totally recommend both books in this series. I’m looking forward to reading Licensed for Trouble, in stores soon.

Disclosure of Material Connection:
I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”

Nora St.Laurent
The Book Club Network www.bookfun.org
The Book Club Network blog www.psalm516.blogspot.com
Book Fun Magazine www.bookfunmagazine.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Double Trouble.