AH's Reviews > Dead After Dark

Dead After Dark by Sherrilyn Kenyon

May 08, 11

bookshelves: own, anthology, vamps, witches, zzread-april-2011
Read from April 27 to 30, 2011

Dead After Dark is an anthology of four stories. I initially picked up this book because of the J.R. Ward story "The Story of Son." Personally, this was the best story in the book. The other authors were new to me: Sherrilyn Kenyon, Susan Squires, and Dianna Love.

Shadow of the Moon - Sherrilyn Kenyon - 4 stars
There was an abundance of characters in this book. I have not read her series yet and I was a little confused. All sorts of weres - were-wolves, were-bears, and were-lions. Some sexy scenes. I think I may pick up a book by this author and give her a try.

The Story of Son - J.R. Ward - 5 stars
I love J.R. Ward so for me, this was the best story in the collection. It takes place in Caldwell, so maybe these characters could make an appearance in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. (I would love that!) Claire is an attorney. She makes a house call to one of her richest customers. They drug her and when she wakes up she is with Son, a vampire. She is trapped with him for the entire weekend. Doesn't sound like much, but I enjoyed it.

Beyond the Night - Susan Squires - 2 stars
Could not get into this story although it did have a few bright moments and a few good lines. I just could not connect with the characters.

Midnight Kiss Goodbye - Dianna Love - 2 stars
Meh. Could not get into this story either.

So there you have it. 2 good stories. 2 meh stories.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead After Dark.

04/27/2011 page 1
0.0% "Got to read an anthology for a book challenge."
04/28/2011 page 5
1.0% ""Thank you so much for the offer, but while you do have a certain feminine quality in your demeanor and a remarkable head of hair that any woman would envy, you're far too hairy for my tastes. No offense." -- What not to say to a bear shifter."
04/28/2011 page 91
24.0% "First story - Sherrilyn Kenyon - Shadow of the Moon. A wolfie love story. A wolf and a hunter fall in love. 4/5 stars"
04/29/2011 page 188
50.0% "JR Ward's The Story of Son - Loved this story! 5/5 stars."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vinaya (new)

Vinaya Are you sure that's a one hundred percent authentic J.R. Ward story? Did it come with a seal? Because really, I would have thought his name would have been Sohn! LMAO

message 2: by AH (new) - rated it 3 stars

AH Vinaya wrote: "Are you sure that's a one hundred percent authentic J.R. Ward story? Did it come with a seal? Because really, I would have thought his name would have been Sohn! LMAO"

Funny, right? It should have been Sohn! Then the love interest names him Micheal, not Mhicheal. I guess she didn't have her BDB Name book out yet.