Anja's Reviews > Secret Vampire, Daughters of Darkness, and Enchantress

Secret Vampire, Daughters of Darkness, and Enchantress by L.J. Smith

Aug 22, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: read-in-2010, paranormal, witches-and-wizards, vampires, l-j-smith, written-in-english, american-authors, published-between-2000-to-2009
Read from August 23 to September 09, 2010

Secret Vampire:
In the beginning, I was really into the story, and thought it looked promising. But after a while, it felt just chaotic, and the climacs that I expected, never really came. It had been more exciting if they just had to run, or if the love story evolved a bit more. And in the end, it turns out that Poppy was a witch, and this ruined the story a bit for me. After James began to turn Poppy to a vampire, the story just became flat.

Daughters of Darkness:
Since my motivation to continue reading was a bit low after 'Secret Vampire', it took a while before I got into the story. I always get a bit fascinated by conflicted guys, so I liked the middle of the story, when Ash comes. But the end was once again a bit boring.

Enchantres:
This one was a bit more exciting, and there was a small sequence with the ghost where I couldn't stop reading. The end sounded promising, but I wish the stories would continue a bit more.

I have to face the fact, I am probably a bit old for this book. And I felt that I read something written for teenagers. For me there was so much potential in the novels that never really reached me! But then again, I always feel like that when I read L.J. Smith. So maybe I should stop doing that?

I give this book three stars because it was cheap entertainment on a rainy day (or days, since it took a while to finish it)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Secret Vampire, Daughters of Darkness, and Enchantress.

08/24/2010 page 178