Dorothy's Reviews > The Double Comfort Safari Club

The Double Comfort Safari Club by Alexander McCall Smith

Aug 26, 10

bookshelves: cozy-mysteries
Read from August 24 to 26, 2010

Spending time with Precious Ramotswe is always a pleasure. After all, we have much in common. We are both traditionally built women who love tea, and though I can't claim the kind of wisdom and the loving view of humanity that Precious exudes, I certainly aspire to those qualities.

The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency does not deal in murder and mayhem, so we can be sure when we open one of McCall Smith's books that we are up for a gentle walk through a gentle land, a land where traditions are still honored and courtesy is treasured as a way of life. Those who stray from those tenets will soon get their comeuppance at the hands of Precious Ramotswe and her "assistant detective" Grace.

As usual, the mysteries solved in this entry of the series are mysteries of human nature. They are minor domestic problems that have upset the the karma in Gabarone. Never fear, the No. 1 lady detective is here and will soon put everything right again.

I love reading these books. I love Precious' thought processes and her philosophizing and I like knowing that I am not going to be assailed by violence and torture. There is no problem here that cannot be solved over a good strong cup of bush tea.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Double Comfort Safari Club.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol (new) - added it

Carol Neman Dorothy...them's my sentiments exactly. I wasn't aware of a new McCall book, thanks for the heads-up.

Dorothy If you are a McCall Smith fan as I am, Carol, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.