Beverly's Reviews > Till You Hear from Me: A Novel

Till You Hear from Me by Pearl Cleage

Aug 22, 10

bookshelves: kindle-book
Read in August, 2010

I was not sure if I was only to read this book, but after reading some excerpts I decided that I would enjoy this story. I was pleasantly surprised how much I did enjoy this story. It was a quick entertaining read with serious undertones of the directions of society in the times of President Obama. This is a wonderful book discussion book because of all of the themes running through the story, that there is something in here for everyone. While reading this book, I found myself shaking my head in agreement with the many of the characters and their thoughts on - struggle, freedom, marriage, being independent, and remembering about folks who also smile up in your face. This book is a reminder that each one of us is responsible for ourselves and our community as a whole.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Till You Hear from Me.

Quotes Beverly Liked

“You can't save a person who doesn't want to be saved. It was like Mr. Eddie always told the new gardeners: Everybody's got to kill their own snakes.”
Pearl Cleage, Till You Hear from Me

“Defiance means you got somebody with power over you.”
Pearl Cleage, Till You Hear from Me

“Both men knew the only thing more valuable than a favor well done was a secret well kept. This had the potential to be both.”
Pearl Cleage, Till You Hear from Me

“Sometimes you have to show them what they want to see in order to get them to show you who they really are.”

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Corliss I agree, this would be a great discussion for a book club. The book was a sleeper. I did not think I would like it and then I could not put it down.