Martina the Book Fairy's Reviews > Blood Promise

Blood Promise by Richelle Mead

862023
Sep 16, 10

bookshelves: siberia, russia, montana, vampire-academy, vampire, ghosts, young-adult, teenage-protagonist
Read from September 14 to 16, 2010

This series is young adult urban fantasy, heavy on the romance (but not heavy on sex). The series is primarily about Rose Hathaway, a dhampir (half-vampire) in training to become a guardian for her best-friend, a Moroi (good full vampire).

In this particular book Rose has left school and is in Russia/Siberia to full-fill a promise she made in a previous book. It's difficult to discuss without tons of spoilers, but let's just say that the promise results in an incredibly emotional journey for Rose, not to mention action-packed as she fights off Strigoi (evil vampires) along the way.

I normally don't have problems putting a book down, even when it's really good, but this one barely left my hands and got read in less than 36 hours despite having a attention-hungry 1 year old. I LOVED the storyline, though I was hesitant about how well the relationship btwn Rose & Lissa could be maintained over the course of 500 pages when they're continents apart. It turned out that didn't detract from the story at all and I loved some of the new characters that were introduced (esp Sydney & Abe).

I'm eagerly awaiting for the next installment, Spirit Bound, to come out in paperback (Feb 2011).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Promise.

09/15/2010 page 303