~Tina~'s Reviews > Catching Fire

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

O M G!!!
so, So, SO worth the long agonizing wait!!!

I probably don't even have to review this book really, everyone who has read it already knows it's made of pure awesomesauce so I'll keep this short and sweet.

Catching Fire is a crazy thrilling cruel ride that I will never forget!
It's malicious, inhuman and frustrating but in theee best way possible!
Charged with pure raw emotion with ever.single.line, my only thought after reading this book was MORE!!

Katniss Everdeen; The bird, the pin, the song, the berries, the watch, the cracker, the dress that burst into flames. I am the mockingjay,". The Symbol, and by far the best female character I have ever read.
Peeta?!? Oh gawd not Peeeeeeta!! It's killing me to even think what's happening to him.
However, I decided that I don't have a team, I love both Gale and Peeta and who ever Katniss picks will be fine with me, both guys are amazing;)
Finnick = Love
That last line would have been my undoing if I had to wait another year to find out what happens next. I give kudos to those who read this and had to wait, that has gotta hurt!

Love isn't a strong enough word for this story.
This book, this series, is epic gold and I can never get enough!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic To Mockingjay!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Catching Fire.

08/22/2010 page 120
31.0% "Crazy intense!" 6 comments
08/23/2010 page 188
48.0% "There going back?!?! Oh Hell...." 12 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

~Tina~ How sweet this is to FINALLY see this book on my currently-reading status!
I'm sooooo close to calling in sick tomorrow morning, but at last, I need the money to feed my addiction!

Alexa Omg can't wait to hear what you & Nic think about this! :D

message 3: by Nic (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nic Woo hoo! You have only been waiting 2 years for this :)

message 4: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim *flails* OMG!

Laura Glynn Love this book... Just in time for the third one to come out!!

Alexa So glad you loved it! 'Course you were going to though. :D
And yes, it is hard to pick between Peeta or Gale. If either die, I am going to be so freakin' upset. ;__;
I wish this day would hurry up!!

~Tina~ Haha, I already knew it would merit a favorite, it felt so dame good to just read it already!
I don't want either of them to die it would hurt no matter what!
Tomorrow can't come fast enough!

Arlene Great review! I admire your restraint!! Yes, that last line was crazy!! I want Mockingjay NOW!

message 9: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim You must have inhaled this book XD

~Tina~ Did you expect anything else Kim =D

Thanks Arlene, I'm re-reading this all over again to take off the edge for tomorrow o.O LOL

Arlene Been there... done that... didn't help with the edge. LOLOL Enjoy Tina!

~Tina~ LOL Well it's still knew to me and I read this so quick I need to go back and savor it. The locket really made me want to tear up. Why does Peeta have to be so dame sweet?!?

Alexa Stop!! I'm going to cry. ;__;

(j/k about stopping, but omg)

Ugh... I'm so nervous.

Arlene I know!! He's such a pita-muffin. :) When he held Katniss after the jabberjays taunted her with Prim's screams I wanted to just cry.

~Tina~ Okay, I guess that my heart really is leaning over to Peeta, but I meant it when I said I'd be happy with either pick.
I jut want no one dead. No one dies. No one!

...except the stupid a** president!

Arlene *pinches Tina's cheeks* Thata girl! You!! :) Good pick! LOL

message 17: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim Arlene wrote: I don't want anything to happen to either one of them. Agreed, they all need to stay alive."

I agree very strongly with this comment ^^

Morgan F As long as its not Peeta or Prim, I could survive. Not that I want anyone to die.

message 19: by ~Tina~ (last edited Aug 23, 2010 02:18PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

~Tina~ If any one has to be sacrificed I'd want it to be Haymitch, even though he really grew on me in this book.

message 20: by Nic (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nic Great review. I kind of skimmed your review and everybody's comments as I'm afraid of spoilers. I won't be finished until tonight.

~Tina~ LOL Thanks hun! I would have done the same;)

Melissa  Paranormally Romanced lol love your review its similar to mines because i was left OMG speechless OMG I just fiished it and I was left OMG!!

~Tina~ lol! Yeah, this was quite the experience. But Mockingjay was just...WoW!

Melissa  Paranormally Romanced I just started the first couple of pages of mockingjay and I already feel all the trouble stirring!!

~Tina~ Yup, that book was pure heart fail and pure epic at the same time.

Madilynn Couldn't have said better myself