kari's Reviews > Deeply, Desperately

2207055
Aug 21, 10

bookshelves: 2010, 5-star
Read from August 20 to 21, 2010

The first book of this series was good, introduced the basic premise and all ther characters, but this one ramps everything up and in a word, it's perfect.
There isn't anything about this book that I'd change. There are several plotlines gracefully interwoven throughout the book. It can be very tricky keeping everything moving forward and not leaving anything behind. Webber knows her stuff and has a very deft hand in combining all the stories.
Lucy Valentine is a wonderful charcter. She has a kind heart, but yet, she's not a pushover and when she needs to be tough, she's able to do it. She's smart and intuitive. Her growing relationship with Sean is beautifully developed and you'll be pulling hard for these two to get together.
I love the dialogue in this book, particularly the cute banter between Lucy and Sean, but also the conversations with her family and friends.
There are several twists to the various mysteries along the way and I do love me some twists. I like it when I don't see what's coming or it goes in a direction that I'm not expecting.
All in all this is a great read and I can't wait for the next book.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deeply, Desperately.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Crystal (new) - added it

Crystal It is good to know that this series continues to get better =) Nice review =)

kari Thanks. I'd highly recommend this series. It's nothing earth-shattering or going to change your life, but they are mostly happy stories and will touch your heart at times. I really like them.

Tara I was on the fence about continuing the series, but I think I may have to check out the next book now.

kari I think you'll be happy that you did. The first book had a few problems for me, nothing major but it was a bit uneven, but the second one is great and I'd definitely recommend the series on the strength of the second book.