Veronica Roth's Reviews > Nightshade

Nightshade by Andrea Cremer

Nov 08, 2010

If you're thinking, "Oh no, another paranormal book involving werewolves": stop. And read. This book is more than that. It's smart and well-crafted, and there is something really powerful and authentic about the way Calla slowly realizes that what she has always known and embraced is not necessarily accurate or right-- and her character (strong, but flawed), her struggle, and the group dynamics Cremer examines really carried the book for me. Although the writing and the chemistry among all the characters are certainly nothing to sneeze at either.
165 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nightshade.

02/09 marked as: read

Jessica Jf I was wondering about this book, but if Veronica Roth recomends it, I will def. read..I'm a HUGE fan of her!

message 2: by Bri (new)

Bri ya me too i was planning on reading it but now that Veronica Roth (my favorite author of all time) recommended I'm definitely reading! i <3 divergent!

WatermeLoonie Right on!

Lexi i trust veronica's judgement since i loved her book divergent!!!

Lexi okay I listened to veronica and I absolutely loved this book it was the epitome of all I could ever ask for in a book and I love how in the end she realizes everything she knew was a lie kind of reminds me of this other book I read delirium except better!!!!!!

message 6: by Sabrina (new) - added it

Sabrina @ Elexa - Delirium was a really great book and I don't think they are anything alike. Just wanted to put that out there since I really LOVED both books and don't want either to be put down.

Cindy Chung OMG, I loved this book. One of my faves! Along with Twilight, and Divergent...

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

All I could think of while reading this was - Divergent. Insurgent. Allegiant.

Lyanna (I need a Herondale in life) This book is degrading to strong women everywhere! I'd have to say Calla is one of the most annoying characters I've ever read about and it's such a stereotypical book, ugh… gets under my skin.

message 10: by Rushna (new)

Rushna if Veronica Roth says this book is good, then I'm deifnitely trusting her review and I'm going to read Nightshade :)

Bella ~Shawn Mendes~ Veronica Roth comments,i read it straight away!

message 12: by Alexandra (new) - added it

Alexandra If Veronica Roth says it's good, then it's good :)) I'm so excited to read this!!

Mistie Johnson Currently reading it and can't put it down

Elyse Spence I picked this book up at the salvos second hand an in another section saw wolfs bane wasn't sure that they were related. But something drove me to take this book home. Now I'm sour I hadn't read it sooner! I'm little rally lolling for more and extatic to find more exist! Finding out Veronica has read it just stumped me but atleast her review will help me urge everyone I know who loves HER to pick these books up! That might increase my chance of getting hold of more! Lol