Veronica Roth's Reviews > Nightshade

Nightshade by Andrea Cremer

Nov 08, 10

If you're thinking, "Oh no, another paranormal book involving werewolves": stop. And read. This book is more than that. It's smart and well-crafted, and there is something really powerful and authentic about the way Calla slowly realizes that what she has always known and embraced is not necessarily accurate or right-- and her character (strong, but flawed), her struggle, and the group dynamics Cremer examines really carried the book for me. Although the writing and the chemistry among all the characters are certainly nothing to sneeze at either.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nightshade.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jessica Jf I was wondering about this book, but if Veronica Roth recomends it, I will def. read..I'm a HUGE fan of her!

message 2: by Bri (new)

Bri ya me too i was planning on reading it but now that Veronica Roth (my favorite author of all time) recommended I'm definitely reading! i <3 divergent!

WatermeLoonie Right on!

Elexa i trust veronica's judgement since i loved her book divergent!!!

Sage (the Mage) yah!

Elexa okay I listened to veronica and I absolutely loved this book it was the epitome of all I could ever ask for in a book and I love how in the end she realizes everything she knew was a lie kind of reminds me of this other book I read delirium except better!!!!!!

message 7: by Sabrina (new) - added it

Sabrina @ Elexa - Delirium was a really great book and I don't think they are anything alike. Just wanted to put that out there since I really LOVED both books and don't want either to be put down.

Cindy Chung OMG, I loved this book. One of my faves! Along with Twilight, and Divergent...

Natalie All I could think of while reading this was - Divergent. Insurgent. Allegiant.

Lyanna Robyn This book is degrading to strong women everywhere! I'd have to say Calla is one of the most annoying characters I've ever read about and it's such a stereotypical book, ugh… gets under my skin.

message 11: by Rushna (new) - added it

Rushna if Veronica Roth says this book is good, then I'm deifnitely trusting her review and I'm going to read Nightshade :)