Felicia's Reviews > Driven

Aug 21, 2010

it was ok
bookshelves: vaginal-sf
Read in August, 2010

Oh romance-sci-fi, you are so erratic. There were many things derivative of every Sci-fi movie ever in this book: Mad Max and Terminator being the biggest.

Yes, I still read it (and it was enjoyable in a clunky kinda way), yes the hero is a dude named "Wizard", yes, I think the lady on the plane next to me glanced at my Kindle when the words "thick c$#$" were at the top of the page, and it was uncomfortable after that. Sigh.

I think this is a first book by the author and will try the next book in the series. It reminded me a bit of Nalini Singh's "Psy" series a bit, although that is one of my fave series so the comparison didn't help. Nonetheless I think there's a lot of potential there for growth and I'll give the author another shot.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Driven.

02/15 marked as: read

message 1: by Craig (new)

Craig Williams Hahaha, well, at least it was just the words "thick c$#$" and not an actual picture of one. That would have probably been infinitely more awkward.

message 2: by Megan (new)

Megan That's what I love about my e-reader cover, it's got a flap I can strategically hold so whoever is next to me on the train can't see what i'm reading. Granted that only works if no one sits on my right. Still it saves the awkward moments.

message 3: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie I love Singh's books so that's a powerful incentive for me to try this, even with the rating.

Felicia I just read Bonds of Justice, I dunno it's not my fave though, I was a bit not into the relationship! :(

message 5: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Singh's last two books were missing the changeling side of the romance and I think that hurt them but I just read the novella in Burning Up with Emmett and Ria. Very good and very much like Tam and Nate's novella, which I adored.

If you read Burning Up, don't miss Virginia Kantra's story. Have you read her Children of the Sea series. She's awesome. And the Meljean Brook steampunk is so good, I'm dying to read the full-length sequel, The Iron Duke.

Felicia Yeah, my fave Nalini book was the one with they icy Psy guy and the shifter, that was SOOO GOOOD!

message 7: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Yes! Jud and Brenna! yeah, those alpha males are yummy.