Rockatang3 (BlebeTanja)'s Reviews > Friday Night Bites

Friday Night Bites by Chloe Neill

Aug 22, 10

Read from August 21 to 22, 2010

Chloe Neill owes me a good night's sleep and one afternoon meant for studying! The second book in the Chicagoland series is intense, fast-paced at some times and a little slow at other times, but with all the action and suprising relevations at the end it makes up for that fact. I really enjoyed the read and I can't wait to see where the relationship between Sentinel and the Liege leads us. *drool*
But while some say there are constant sizzling moments (and tension, etc) between the two characters, I would disagree. Of course there are tension and "moments" between Merit and Eathan, but I'd say there were more hot moments in the first installment than in Friday night bites.
Also, what bothered me in this book was Merit's "keen observation" that was a little absurd. She saw "admiration in his eyes", there was "affection but also fear in her eyes",... how the heck is one person supposed to see and decypher what emotions shine out of other person's eyes? It repeated throughout the whole book and "irritation was clearly visible in MY eyes".
In conclusion, Friday Night Bites deserves 4.5/5 stars, I was engrossed in the reading and wouldn't see/hear/smell/sense... a vampire standing besides me, even if it bit me!(yea like I otherwise would see/hear/smell/sense/... it :P)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Friday Night Bites.