Jenre's Reviews > Chaos Magic

2620867
Apr 11, 2011

bookshelves: m-m, paranormal, romance
Read from April 02 to 09, 2011

This paranormal story is about a young witch, Sam, who has just escaped from an abusive relationship with Marcus and is seeking to get back into the dating scene. He's a submissive and he thinks he's found his match in Dom, Hector. However, Hector's jealousy and the fact that Marcus keeps stalking Sam threatens not only their relationship but also Sam's fragile peace of mind.

What worked for me was the way that the story looked at abusive relationships within the BDSM community, and also provided a sympathetic character in Sam who is prone to periods of depression. What didn't work as well was the mystical magic storyline which was a little confusing at times and left me with a number of unanswered questions. Sam was an engaging narrator and I liked him a great deal, especially because he had a lot of dignity in amongst his understandable fears. This is the first book in a series and I think I will be reading the others very soon.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chaos Magic.

Lilli *slowest reader ever* Oh, I'm curious what you think of it. I loved the story. :)

Jenre It's a slow start, but I'm enjoying it so far, Lilli :).

Chris I'm curious, too! I don't remember if I thought it started slowly, but I do remember getting completely absorbed in the story at some point.

Jenre I'm finding that as more of Sam's past is revealed, I'm getting drawn further into the story.

Kassa You're just reading these? Oh this is a very good triology. Enjoy!

message 6: by orannia (new)

orannia It does sound intriguing..

Jenre Kassa: I've had this first one on my TBR pile for ages and I liked it enough that I'll be reading the others.

Orannia: It's an interesting concept and quite different to the usual D/s stuff out there.