Yasmeen (Yaz)'s Reviews > The Sweet Scent of Blood

The Sweet Scent of Blood by Suzanne McLeod

2034791
Apr 16, 12

bookshelves: favorites, british-authors, bom, bookshelf
Read from April 14 to 16, 2012

The Sweet Scent Of Blood is the first in the Spellcrackers.com series and British author Suzanne McLeod's debut book. The story is jam packed with action, the plot is intricate and the world building complex; which keeps you guessing to the end.

The Sweet Scent Of Blood hooks you from the beginning and takes you on a wild ride through a modern London where supernaturals exist side by side with the mundane. Suzanne McLeod has written vampires the way they should be written, as well as a array of witches, trolls and other supernaturals.

As a long time book addict, it's not often I come across a book that that I absolutely adore; that leaves me excited for the next instalment without having a giant cliffhanger killing me with frustration. But what I loved most was reading an urban fantasy that takes place in familiar settings. To see these places the author describes, in a new light.

If you like Dark urban Fantasy which don't need explicit scenes or cliffhangers to keep you wanting more, you'll love this book.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sweet Scent of Blood.

04/14/2012 "Rereading this for a challenge. Can't wait for the latest installment- not long to go now. :)"
04/14/2012 page 36
10.0% "I'd forgotten how addictive these books are." 2 comments
04/14/2012 page 180
50.0% "So good, I can't stop reading!"
04/16/2012 page 363
100.0% "I try to read this slower than the first time but didn't manage it, I didn't want to stop! Malik is so hot but really, really scary and he's the (sort of) good guy."