Tina's Reviews > Only the Good Spy Young

Only the Good Spy Young by Ally Carter

Sep 25, 10

bookshelves: giveaway-swap

For those of you that haven't read the Gallagher Girls series, I absolutely recommend you to. The first books at least. But before that, I'll have to fill you in on what the storyline is all about:

Cammie Morgan is a spy-in-training, at the secretive Gallagher Academy For Exceptional Young Woman. Through out the books, Cammie encounters several dangerous situations, finding herself in need of her friends.

What I love most about these books is the light-hearted, kickass, spy missions the girls get up to. The tongue-in-cheek voice of the story is very appropriate for young readers, and gives the stories a fun edge.
I also loved the romance between Cammie and Josh in the first book, and then the romance between Cammie and Zach in the second and third books, and the spy references make the series all the more enjoyable.

I don't know if it's just me though, but I found the fourth book in the series to be less captivating than the other books. I thought that there were too many strings hanging for the next book, and that this one didn't really go anywhere in terms of developing Cammie's realtionship with much of the cast. It is action-packed, but I found that it was too much like the other books in the series, which were comparatively more refreshing in nature.

It just felt like the same plotline done over, and that nothing too dramatic happened. It was just "the Circle wants Cammie, we have to protect her". But after a whole novel, we still don't get any answers.
However, I hope that the next two books in the series will be much better, and that they will attempt to tie up all the loose ends.

I still love Ally Carter's style of writing, and the way that she occasionally starts chapters with Pro vs Con lists, and mission details. Cammie really does come through as a character who has both Pros and Cons herself.

It was a great book, but was a little bit of a letdown from what I came to expect from Ally Carter. But the rest of the series are great, and please don't let this review of book 4 stop you from reading them.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Only the Good Spy Young.