Valerie's Reviews > All You Need Is Love and Other Lies About Marriage: How to Save Your Marriage Before It's Too Late

All You Need Is Love and Other Lies About Marriage by John W. Jacobs

Sep 25, 10

Read from September 06 to 25, 2010

I just finished this book and have already started using some of the positive communication techniques. It did exactly what he said it would do :) Reed is now going to read this book also and I'm going to buy it. It's one of those books that you need to keep on hand for re-reading. One of the great points that the author makes that really rings true for me is that our society has changed with more women working outside of the home (for whatever reason) and couples wanting an egalitarian marriage. But there are no role models for these couples to make that type of marriage work so they go into an "egalitarian" relationship with traditional values and it just doesn't work. I would recommend this to any married couple and although it's best if both members read the book, it's not necessary. You'll learn that changes that one person makes in a marriage can make a huge difference.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All You Need Is Love and Other Lies About Marriage.