Kaley's Reviews > The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Aug 31, 10

bookshelves: 25-in-2010, ya, bookclub, own-on-audio
Read from August 20 to 30, 2010

I resisted for a long time. A very looonnnggg time. The whole dystopian thing just does not appeal to me; I'm more interested in realistic fiction. However, when I had the opportunity to host Suzanne Collins at work for the release of Mockingjay, I figured I should probably read a bit of The Hunger Games so that I would know what all the fuss is about. And wow.

I picked it up one evening as I settled into bed, and four hours later, my book light battery failing, I was enthralled. Ms. Collins has has created a world so well-crafted, so fully imagined, that I could not tear myself away. It was the same thing night after night until I was finally finished. I loved this book; it's what storytelling is all about! It's obvious to me now why it has been such a huge crossover success with adults.

The best thing about finishing is knowing that there are two more installments waiting for me. And if they are as good as everyone says (and I imagine they certainly are), I anticipate a lot of late nights ahead of me!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hunger Games.