Sarah Sammis's Reviews > Flood and Fire

Flood and Fire by Emily Diamand

Sep 23, 12

bookshelves: borrowed, read-in-2011, exwishlist
Read from September 17 to November 11, 2011

Flood and Fire by Emily Diamand continues the adventures of Lilly, Lexy, Zeph and PSAI. Lexy still hasn't been returned to her Prime Minister father and PSAI is in desperate need of repairs after having been tossed into the water. Zeph, meanwhile finds himself the head of the Raiders.

For me, the best parts of the book were those that centered on Lilly, Lexy and PSAI. PSAI's knowledge of the time before the flood give the best hints of what has happened and how things have changed.

With this book, I found myself wanting Google Maps open and possibly the London A to Z guide. Flood and Fire is more dependent on knowledge of present day locations than Raiders' Ransom is.

Flood and Fire like Raiders' Ransom has alternating points of view between Lilly and Zeph. In the first book I mentioned being confused at first by this swapping. This time, though, the story is mostly told by Lilly. The half dozen times that Zeph takes over the story telling aren't really needed and feel more like padding than actual plot progression.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flood and Fire.

11/05/2011 page 30