Page (One Book At A Time)'s Reviews > Arizona

1812013
Oct 02, 2010

bookshelves: read-in-2010
Read from August 27 to 29, 2010

After thinking the first in the series was only so-so, I didn't set my expectations to high for this second installment. I'm happy to report that enjoyed it way more than the first. Even better, the word Zombie wasn't even mentioned once in this one.

I do have to point out that this series seems to have some glaring faults. The first being, I'm sure in a sane world, an autopsy would have been performed on Arizona. And the placement of her wings tattoo doesn't make a lot of sense when the description of what actually happened is revealed. In my eyes, she technically did drown. Also, I don't understand what the beautiful dead for 18 months. Darina gets about a week to help them, but even she doesn't do much. Hunter is the one who actually solves the mystery. Why can't he do that all along?

Despite all that, I really like the story this time. I think it's because I liked Arizona more. Her life leading up to her death was way more complex that I thought possible. She's hiding so much from everybody, and it's interesting to watch all the facts unfold. And what really happened was crazy. Not to mention the events that occur right after we learn the truth. I don't think justice was truly served.

I also liked Phoenix and Darina's relationship in this one. It seemed more real and not nearly as rushed. I also think Darina is starting to build more character, although I really wish there would be more of a connection with her mom. Plus, the other character are starting to have more life.

I'll be reading the next one. I was to see how this all plays out in the end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Arizona.

08/27/2010 page 60