Christine's Reviews > The Highlander's Touch

The Highlander's Touch by Karen Marie Moning

Aug 20, 10

bookshelves: romance, fantasy

This is the third book in the Highlander series and I thought it was much better than the first two. (I didn't even finish the second one...I only picked this one up because I am loving this author's urban fantasy series.)

We've got basically the same plot...modern day girl runs afoul of fairy magic and ends up in Medieval Scotland. The romantic elements and passion in this book are quite good. Also, I felt that the historical aspects of this book far surpassed the first in the series. At one point, Lisa failed to understand what she was supposed to do with a chamberpot, which was amusing and was a great contrast between the modern day and the 1300's.

This book did a great job of bringing in actual events and legends from the time period.

I'm still not sure how they were able to communicate with each other so well, but I'll go ahead and suspend disbelief on that one.

I probably would have like this book more than I did if the ending hadn't been a little too easy.

************* HUGE SPOILER...SERIOUSLY DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU'VE READ THE BOOK OR NEVER PLAN TO **********

Lisa makes a wish to go back to her time and when she is gone, Circenn suddenly decides to acknowledge his fae father and learn enough magic to travel through time, fix Lisa's entire life (stopping the car accident that killed her father and convincing her mother to get an early screening so she doesn't die of cancer). Here you go, Lisa, everything anyone could possibly want tied with a neat little bow. The oath Circenn made at the beginning to kill the bearer of the flask didn't turn out to mean much of anything. Breaking it cost him nothing.

************* SPOILER **********

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Highlander's Touch.