Yvonne's Reviews > The Mermaid's Pendant

The Mermaid's Pendant by LeAnn Neal Reilly

Nov 11, 10

Read from October 31 to November 07, 2010

The Mermaid’s Pendant is like the adult version of The Little Mermaid. It still has the magic of the fairy tale, but Leann Neal Reilly takes the classic tale and tests the happy ever after
romance.

Tamarind is the naive mermaid that gives up everything she knows to live a human life with John. With the help of Ana, a local witch, Tamarind goes through the motions of winning John’s heart from two other women that he is already involved with. Yeah, when the two meet, John already has a girlfriend and has just started a fling with someone else.

Although John is already juggling two women, he’s still drawn to Tamarind and after much drama, they finally get together. That’s where the real story begins.

I was seriously intimidated by the size of this book when I first got it. As I read it, there was so much going on in the lives of Tamarind and John that I felt the book actually should have been longer.

Their relationship made my head hurt. It started out strong with them knowing each other’s mind and mood, but became so strained because they didn’t trust each other. At times, their daughter could sense that something was seriously wrong when they couldn’t. I was confused about that part, but it kept the story interesting.

The ex girlfriend and the witch created the most the strain with Tamarind and John’s relationship. I kept waiting for a knock down drag out session with the ex and a magical showdown with the witch, but the events that got rid of them were unexpected twists.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mermaid's Pendant.

10/31/2010 page 132