Nicole's Reviews > Halfway to the Grave

Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Aug 20, 2010

bookshelves: read-2010, want-to-own, favorites
Read from October 05 to 06, 2010

Very entertaining read and Bones is just a little bit h-h-hot!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Halfway to the Grave.

Kat Kennedy How are you liking this one?

Nicole I'm only at the start, but speaking as an ex-buffy junkie, it's imposible to picture Bones as anyone other than Spike. I need to work on finding a better visual, any suggestions?

message 3: by Kim (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kim I'll never stop being a Buffy junkie ^^

Kat Kennedy Nicole, it was exactly the same for me. It helped in future books that his hair goes brown or longer at certain points though.

But he basically is Spike. It's Spike, which doesn't really work for me because Spike kind of has a lollypop head so I just imagined some hawt guy with blond hair instead like: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Q1MCg5HiunQ...

*Drools*

Nicole Kim - Me either! the ex in that statement refers to my inability to watch back to back Buffy now that I have children. I'm not reformed, just on a break and kind of majorly addicted to books right now:)!

Kat - thank you, you are too kind for sharing! I really enjoyed his character none the less, it's so rare (apart from Eddie) to have a guy happily professing his love so early on in these kind of books. You were right in your review, it is the cheeseburger of books!

Kat Kennedy Just a little? That man has the fire department on speed dial! Okay, yeah, I liked this book just a LITTLE too much...

Nicole Hence the 5 stars I gave it. At least 2 of those are on behalf of my husband who has never picked up a book!

message 8: by Nic (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nic Bones is hot. Good series. Definitely a guilty pleasure :)

Kat Kennedy *Winks* oh I getcha Nicole!

Yes, Mr Kat appreciated me picking up this series too!

message 10: by Kim (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kim Nicole wrote: "Kim - Me either! the ex in that statement refers to my inability to watch back to back Buffy now that I have children. I'm not reformed, just on a break and kind of majorly addicted to books right ..."

I agree, I used to watch Buffy religiously for years but now I can barely find time to read my books, so everything TV related is on hold =(