Sparrow's Reviews > Mostly True: Collected Stories & Drawings

Mostly True by Brian Andreas

Aug 19, 2010

bookshelves: favorites, under-read-gems, poetry

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mostly True.

message 1: by Eh?Eh! (new)

Eh?Eh! Sheesh! So amazing that you added all his books to-read? I like the line of bright colors down the screen.

Sparrow I know. I did it late at night, though, so it didn't interfere with people's voting. I had thought he was a local guy, so I didn't even realize his books would be on here, but I guess he's from Iowa. I got this book in one of those uncomfortable experiences where a really mean person, who was a work supervisor, gave it to me because she said it reminded her of me and I would love it. I was worried to even crack it open because I thought I would hate it, but I LOVE it. It reminds me of me, except not (because if only).

message 3: by Eh?Eh! (new)

Eh?Eh! Not a complaint! Observation and comment on the aesthetic of your selections.

Does that mean the really mean person knew you well?

message 4: by Sparrow (last edited Aug 19, 2010 11:52PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sparrow Yeah, right? That was one of the interesting things about it. She totally knew what she was talking about. She's an incredible gift-giver. But, she's one of only a handful of people I would describe as cruel. She's one of those abusive people that gives you a present later to make up for how she reamed you out.

But, so the book has drawings and only about one sentence per page, which I thought would be really cheeseball, but they kill me. I think they're so pretty. Here's one I just randomly turned to:

"he said the hat