nico's Reviews > Entangled

Entangled by Cat Clarke

Apr 28, 11

bookshelves: first-reads
Read from September 17 to 26, 2010 — I own a copy

** spoiler alert ** I just have to say that i hate to be the one to review this book and not have loved it. really though, i didn't. it was fair enough; but it wasn't good, wasn't great or amazing. it just faired well enough for me. Usually if i get into a book, i can finish it in four to five hours, but this one took me a week. I couldn't get into it. it didn't pull me in, in fact it just bored me at times. so much so that i'd have to read a little bit and then put it aside. i didn't find grace relatable; in a least bit. i actually found her rather annoying. I like the main character in a book to be relatable but mostly to come off as if it were a real person telling their story; but i didn't get that. i didn't feel like she was a real person at all.

the concept, was interesting in a way. at least what i took from it. it was like she was working through everything while in a coma; and thats what the room represented. Ethan was a side of her that was trying to help her work through the issues while she herself was the bit of her that just didn't want to deal. interesting enough. the concept itself is probably what saved my review from being less stars, where the rest of it made it flop.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Entangled.

09/23/2010 page 223