William III's Reviews > House of Fallen Trees

House of Fallen Trees by Gina Ranalli

Nov 28, 10

Read from November 14 to 27, 2010

I was first introduced to Gina Ranalli's work through the Bizarro Starter kit. I read and really enjoyed her book SUICIDE GIRLS IN THE AFTERLIFE, so naturally I was very excited to dig into HOUSE OF FALLEN TREES.

HoFT surprised me. I wasn't expecting such a timeless horror story. SUICIDE GIRLS, while excellent in its own right, was told in a completely different voice, a different style. It seemed new, the author had a young, but solid voice - very 'punk,' for lack of a better word. The voice in HoFT is more like Richard Matheson, a classic tale told in a classic voice.

I don't want to give you any details, as there are many surprises throughout the book that I don't want to spoil for anyone who hasn't read it yet. I'll only say this - there were several moments when my skin was crawling. This is a creepy book, my friends. I highly recommend it for anyone who enjoys a good scary story.

I can't wait until payday. I'm going to order a buttload of books by Gina Ranalli... and I suggest you do the same.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read House of Fallen Trees.

11/17/2010 page 121
47.0% "Very well written. Lots of creepy moments."