Sarai's Reviews > A Glimpse of Evil

A Glimpse of Evil by Victoria Laurie

Aug 19, 10

bookshelves: general-fiction, mystery, suspense
Read in August, 2010

I enjoyed this book and will definitely read the next when it comes out, but I just didn't feel like this one had the same Oomph as the rest. For one thing, it was like Laverne & Shirley moving to California from Milwaukee - all the characters moved with the main character, so it was basically the same show in a different setting - and the setting really didn't matter much. Why the need to move locales? It didn't take anything away from the story, but it didn't add anything either.

I also felt the mystery ending was wrapped up too quickly and without enough drama/action. And the part where she taught the class, I didn't really get.

Other than that, the story was fun and I liked the way Brice's character was developed.

Product Description
As the FBI's newest civilian profiler, Abby Cooper has a tough job ahead of her. Not only does she have to use her powers of intuition to help solve a backlog of the bureau's cold cases, but she must also win over a frosty group of seasoned investigators and teach them how to develop their own perceptive abilities.

If that weren't challenging enough, Abby's sure that several of the cold cases are connected, but she's the only one who's convinced. Things go from bad to worse when Abby and another agent are suspended for not following protocol, leaving Abby and her old partner, Candice, to investigate on their own. To discover how these pieces fit together, Abby will have to call on every intuitive bone in her body... before she's the one put on ice.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Glimpse of Evil.