Lin's Reviews > Demon Bound

Demon Bound by Meljean Brook

Sep 08, 10

bookshelves: 2010, romance, supernatural
Read from September 06 to 08, 2010

I might have missed several meals and a nights sleep over this book, i couldn't stop reading it

Basically my overview is:
* I love Jake
*Michael's been lying to us!!!

The books about Jake, a novice guardian fast-tracked because of the dwindled guardian numbers and his ability to teleport. And Alice, a guardian with a gift for spiders, who's made a terrible deal with a demon.
The plot is great, between the mysteries of the guardian temples and trying to find a way out of Alice's deal there's a lot going on. The ending is completely kickass, and the stakes are upped once more.

I didn't like Alice at first, she's creepy and needs Michael's heart to get out of her deal. But as more of her character is revealed to Jake I really came to like her. She's got an awesome sense of humour and some real issues.

I loved Jake before but this really cemented it. Still having trouble with his gift and running his mouth without interference from his brain (and even with). (("There's a filter between my head and my mouth - but it only lets the stupid shit out.")) There are definitely a few surprises in him including transformations to famous actors, a family.

Many of the past characters are back and doing things that aren't safe for young, impressionable hellhound minds ;-)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Demon Bound.

09/07/2010 page 110
25.0% "ha jonny depp right? jake cracks me up!"
09/07/2010 page 380
85.0% "This book has stolen my soul!"