Melindeeloo's Reviews > Seduced by the Wolf

Seduced by the Wolf by Terry Spear

Aug 18, 2010

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, shapeshifters
Read from August 18 to 19, 2010

Seduced by the Wolf was the best of Spears' werewolves so far, but then again I was waiting for Leidolf to get his book (he's made short appearances in several of the others)

When wolf biologist Cassie Roux comes town to give a lecture, pack alpha Leidolf finds himself captivated by the enticing redhead. But since she's only human, she's not mate material. But Cassie's actually hiding a lot, and discovering that there are shifter's in town is going to make her job more difficult and her attraction to Leidolf is going to make her life even more so.

One thing I like about Spear's series in general, is that unlike some other shifter paranormals in which you could easily substitute 'vampire' or 'demon' for 'Lupus' without affecting the story, Spear's characters are not just called wolf shifters - there's bits of wolf behavior and pack dynamics woven into the characters and their relationships.

What I liked about Seduced by the Wolf in particular, that I liked the pull between Cassie and Leidolf and found it amusing that at the same time Leidolf is lamenting that Cassie's not a wolf so he can't keep her and Cassie is lamenting that Leidolf is a wolf so she can't just love him and leave him. And I really liked Leidolf later in the story when the deviously seductive alpha discovers Cassie's secret and tries to get Cassie to stay and I like how Cassie manages to avoid much of Leidolf's clever entrapment.

Ultimately, my only nit with the story was that as Leidof's mate, Cassie wasn't really willing to compromise to have the relationship with him - she just wanted the perks without giving up much to get them.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seduced by the Wolf.

message 1: by Melindeeloo (last edited Jun 08, 2011 03:52PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melindeeloo I am memory challenged (since I read so much, it is hard to keep try of a particular book in a series) but I think that you could still read this one without having read the others. Leidolf does appear briefly on the side in other books (his sister's and a few others), however there isn't to my recollection a major arc that goes through the books.

Probably the key things to know about Spears' wolves are:
There a shortage of females, humans can be turned but not everyone survives, and 'royals' can shift whenever they want to and others only around the full moon.

Hope that helps, hope you enjoy it - I downloaded it too, even though I've read it, I can't resist free.