Annabelle Marie Veronica's Reviews > The Great Gatsby

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

Nov 03, 11

bookshelves: classics, i-love-a-guy-in-this-book, books-that-made-me-cry, junior-year-reading, tragedy, romance
Recommended to Annabelle Marie Veronica by: My best friend
Recommended for: People who like romance and tragedy
Read from October 12 to November 01, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: Uncountable!

RATING: 5 STARS

I have always loved this book. I have no idea how many times I have read it but it must approach infinity. I actually had to buy a new copy, as my first copy fell apart in three places. Fitzgerald's writing is beautiful and I adore it. The story is tragic and heartbreaking and completely untraditional in the best way possible. Every detail is absolutely lovely. The characters are so real and so stereotypical of their time at the same time. I love this book. It has a beautiful ending and it is unexpected. One of my absolute favorites which will be read again and again.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Great Gatsby.

Quotes Annabelle Marie Veronica Liked

F. Scott Fitzgerald
“So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.”

F. Scott Fitzgerald
“I hope she'll be a fool -- that's the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool.”

F. Scott Fitzgerald
“And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.”

10/12/2011 page 7
4.0% "Re-reading this for English. I'm so excited!"
10/20/2011 page 65
36.0% "I love this book!"
10/27/2011 page 119
55.0% "Ah, the joys of being rich girl in love with a poor boy."