Lisa's Reviews > The Overton Window

The Overton Window by Glenn Beck

Nov 13, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: fiction-suspense

Noah, rich young guy, meets Molly, a very attractive Tea Party Patriot type. Molly and her friends are hot on the trail of a group seeking a "One World Government." (They should have just looked closely at some in the Obama administration...and George Soros.)
It wasn't that long ago that I thought "One World Government" was just some crazy conspiracy theory. I know now that there are some people that would like to fundamentally change the United States. Do they have the power? Most do not. However, in order to move in that direction, the United States' system would have to be collapsed first--starting with the financial system. If this sounds crazy to you, do a search on the Cloward–Piven strategy, one world government, and George Soros.
So I found the theme of the book to be interesting. The part I had the hardest time with was that I felt like I was intruding on Glenn Beck's fantasy with the beautiful girl. Also I'm not that interested in action/suspense books--but I think something like this could work in a movie.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Overton Window.