Kristin's Reviews > Poppy Done to Death

Poppy Done to Death by Charlaine Harris

Aug 19, 10

bookshelves: mystery, series, reviewed, read-in-2010
Read from August 18 to 19, 2010

The last few books of this series were definitely moving from sweet Southern lady Charlaine Harris to Charlaine Harris, author of the super-sexed Sookie Stackhouse novels. Not that I don't like the last two books, but I bet it was a shock for cozy mystery readers who started reading Aurora Teagarden in the late 1980s!

On one hand, I was not thrilled with the solution to this mystery and all the threads left dangling. On the other hand, I loved that Roe was reunited with her half-brother and Robin Crusoe, and there was a much better family dynamic with her mother's husband and his family. The personal, character-driven side of the story was excellent, while the mystery/plot-driven side could have used some work. And less sex.

I think Poppy Done to Death ends on a great note, however (with possibly the best last sentence I've ever read), and I'm glad -- I doubt there are more to follow in this series. Strong finale.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Poppy Done to Death.