Jessica's Reviews > The Butterfly Effect: How Your Life Matters

The Butterfly Effect by Andy Andrews

F 50x66
Sep 07, 10

Read from August 18 to September 07, 2010

There are times when I reflect on my life and wonder if the things that I do or say matter. When I read the title of this book my curiosity was piqued - my life does matter and here is a book to explain why. The Butterfly Effect is a compact gift book filled with beautiful pictures, large text, and encouraging words about the interconnectedness of our lives. Andy Andrews uses real life examples of some famous, and some not-so-famous people, to illustrate how the choices that we make have far reaching effects. Often, farther reaching then we could have ever anticipated or imagined. There are consequences to our actions that have the potential to change the world.

I enjoyed reading through this book. It took only a few minutes because the text is large print and concise, but the author really gets his point across. It made me consider how my seemingly insignificant acts matter and can change the course of history. A great little reminder of how each person is important. This would make a great coffee table book. The pictures alone make it worth the read, not to mention the encouragement of the text.

I received a copy of this book from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review; the opinions expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Butterfly Effect.