Taryn Elliott's Reviews > The Search

The Search by Nora Roberts

Mar 06, 11

bookshelves: audio, fangirl
Read from August 17, 2010 to March 05, 2011

I'm an unabashedly uber fangirl of Nora Roberts. I admit it freely, but even I know there are some books that are better than others in her arsenal. This one is one of the ones I've enjoyed MOST in a very long time. I know there are a lot of reviews that said it was boring, and for a Nora this is a little SLOW going which could point to boring if you didn't soak in all the loveliness that is an engrossing Nora read.

It's a sweet, passionate, and delicious journey about accepting your partner, faults and all. Along the way, the urgency of the suspense side of the story keeps our chars in close proximity and pushes each of them to face one another faster than they probably would have in the normal course of a relationship.

Simon - Ohhhhhh Simon, how I love thee. Gruff, brutally honest, loves hard (goddamn does he 'love' hard - sweet MARY some of the scenes in the book were flashpoint hot), grouchy, and a big ole softie in the middle when it comes to Fiona and his dog, Jaws. He's a carpenter/designer and because I am a fangirl, I wondered if he was anything like Nora's husband. Nora, the woman, would be contrary enough to fall in love with a grouchy man. LOL

Fiona - it's rare for me to love the heroine as much as the hero in a book, but Nora managed to do it for me. Probably not since Eve and Roarke have I been as fascinated with a couple to plow through a book. She's a survivor, stubborn, loves easily, and a master of her domain. 'Listening' to her story was a lesson in awakening and letting go of the ultimate loneliness we can feel inside even if we have wonderful friends and family.

The Suspense Story - Effective and the key to the growing relationship. The threat was real throughout the book, and yes it pushed them together, but it also was an easy reason for Fee to distance herself from the people she loves. Simon wouldn't allow that, and neither would her friends.

The Ending - *le sigh* SO the characters that that's all I'm going to say.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Search.

08/17/2010 page 21
02/20/2011
15.0% "I'm always surprised at the difference in a ST from NR and one of her Trils. She's drawn me in with the Fee char. I've always been fascinated with the search and rescue dogs and the attention to detail is quite lovely and amazing. I'm listening to this book and it's really working for me. I don't know if reading it, would have worked quite as much tho. It's a little slower paced than I'm used to with Nora."
02/26/2011
40.0% "Listening to this one in the car. *sigh* I really like my grouchy Simon. I think I'd like a crack at 'training' him. ;)"
03/03/2011
85.0% "I *HEART* Simon. Just wow!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cari (new) - added it

Cari Quinn Great review! Can't wait to dive into this one. :)