Krista (I remember you, Min) (Critical)'s Reviews > Thunder & Roses

Thunder & Roses by Mary Jo Putney

2082345
Aug 17, 2010

bookshelves: adult, fave-rom-hero, fave-rom-heroine, fave-romance, historical-romance, mjp, own-ab
Read in October, 2010

Started off slow, but grew on me.

First of all, great characters. Loved both Clare and Nicholas. I loved that Clare didn't look down on Nicholas like the rest of the town did, and loved that Clare put Nicholas and her love for him first, even if she didn't really realize it at the time.

The plot itself...not crazy-exciting, but entertaining with all the Fallen Angel side characters, like Michael, who (though I love him) I wanted to knock over the head with a vase. The dialogue was appealing and funny at times, and somehow Putney managed to portray the severity of the harsh lives of mine-workers without making the whole thing depressing.

So, a great romance with great chemistry. I wish I could have delved a little deeper into Nicholas, and Clare too, but...still very good.
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thunder & Roses.

message 1: by Diana~ (new) - added it

Diana~ Looking forward to reading this one! :)

Krista (I remember you, Min) (Critical) Haha, yeah this is another one with a great hero and heroine!

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish After I finished this, I set out to find the rest of the series. I think I'll find the other "Fallen Angels" quite fun!

Great review, Krista!

Krista (I remember you, Min) (Critical) UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "After I finished this, I set out to find the rest of the series. I think I'll find the other "Fallen Angels" quite fun!

Great review, Krista!"

Thanks. :) They are pretty hard to find!

message 5: by Janet (new) - added it

Janet This sounds good-do I have the book?