Victoria Burke's Reviews > The Aristobrats

The Aristobrats by Jennifer Solow

F 50x66
Aug 17, 10

I thought this was great for preteens. It has a great storyline and would definitely encourage them to read because it will remind them of their school life and friends with trying to fit in. I thought the storyline was realistic. The only thing unrealistic about the story was the school, however if my school everybody else school was like theirs they would love school. The school reminded me of Hogwarts with the themes and computerize stuff. Except it doesn't have any magical beings such as wizards and wands.

I thought the characters were realistic and easy to relate to except for maybe Kiki but I'm not that big of a fashionista as she is. I thought the story moved rather quickly but was easy to keep up with. I though Ikea's relationship with her father was great and will help other girls realize they don't have to be perfect for their father's or mothers to be proud of them.

There are also a lot of great lessons that can be learned from this story. The author does it in a subtle way that isn't to obvious but easy to pick up. My favorite is "Be Who You Are" or "Life is Short", but my favorite one is " It isn't the number of friends you have on facebook, your true friends will stick with you no matter what". I would really recommend this book for your 10-13 year old daughters, sisters, cousin, or friend! If you like to do your Christmas shopping early keep you eye out for this book and use it as a stocking stuffer!

3.5 Stars mainly because it was a little young for me but 4 Stars for the age

www.bookbookie.blogspot.com
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Aristobrats.