Andrea's Reviews > When The Body Says No: Understanding The Stress Disease Connection

When The Body Says No by Gabor Maté

Sep 19, 10

bookshelves: general-wellness, metaphysical-and-healing
Read in September, 2010

This is a stunning book! The single best one I've read that not only describes but provides data to explain how repressing emotions can lead to disease (dis-ease). The stories and scientific studies paint a very vivid path from childhood incidents and trauma to repression of emotions and the stress brought on by them... to chronic and often fatal diseases. He includes and thoroughly covers various types of cancer, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis and lupus, asthma, ALS, Alzheimer's, and more.

There are SO many people in my life I would recommend this book to. My only hope is that they would read it and understand how vital it is that they deal with their childhoods before it's too late. Almost NObody had a perfectly serene childhood! Repression = disease. There's nothing good that can come from simply pretending everything is (and was) okay. :-(

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When The Body Says No.