Rachel Richardson's Reviews > The Roald Dahl Omnibus: Perfect Bedtime Stories for Sleepless Nights

The Roald Dahl Omnibus by Roald Dahl

Aug 17, 10

I love Roald Dahl's writing, and his short stories are particularly tasty. His characters are at once completely outrageous and totally believable, and I love his ability to tell you just enough information to keep the story going, without ruining the surprise. The last three stories were somewhat unsavory, so for those with delicate senses of propriety, perhaps you should stop just before them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Roald Dahl Omnibus.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Is this for adults? We're huge fans in our house (I think Sam has read almost all of his children's lit multiple times), but I've never heard of this.

Rachel Richardson Yeah, a collection of his short stories from various other sources (Claud's Dog, Switch Bitch, etc.)--for instance, he has a story entitled "Champion of the World," which I think must have been the inspiration for "Danny, the Champion of the World," which is just a little bit less appropriate for kids. I just started reading his short stories this summer, after being a loyal fan of his children's lit since I was a kid myself, and it gives you a totally new appreciation for Dahl.

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Thanks Rachel! I'll have to check it out sometime (maybe next summer?).