Cheryl's Reviews > Live to Tell

Read from August 17 to 24, 2010

Live To Tell by Lisa Gardner
Published by Bantam Books
ISBN 978-0-553-80724-0
At the request of Pump Up Your Book, a PB ARC was sent, at no cost to me, for my honest opinion.
Synopsis (from back of book): The lives of three women collide on a suburban night: Veteran Boston police detective D.D. Warren is called to the scene of the murder of a family whose sole survivor lies clinging to life....Nurse Danielle Burton works in a locked-down pediatric psych ward, haunted by a tragedy she's desperate to conceal....Victoria Oliver will do anything to protect her troubled son-even when the threat comes from within her own home. This investigation will bring these remarkable women together-and sweep all three closer to the edge than they've ever been before.
My Thoughts and Opinion: I have been a fan of Lisa Gardner's books for many years and jumped at the chance to read, review and host a "Guest Author Spotlight" for her newest novel. And once again, she delivered a page turning suspenseful read. However, being a mother, the plot regarding the children suffering from severe psychiatric trauma and issues, was heart breaking at times. I enjoy books where the chapters alternate between characters with little cliff hangers that I call a "just one more chapter" read and that was how this book was written. The story takes place over several days, with fast paced suspense that includes 2 multiple domestic murders, kidnapping, an individual suicide or was it, and so much more. And an ending with a surprising twist. A great book that kept this reader guessing as to what was around the next corner. Who survives and lives to tell? A must read !!!
My Rating: 4

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Live to Tell.