Jacqueline's Reviews > Caleb + Kate

Caleb + Kate by Cindy Martinusen Coloma

Aug 17, 10

Read in January, 2010

Caleb and Kate is a really cute novel. Kate is the popular girl of the school and when the new scholarship boy turns out to be working at her family's hotel and there is actual history between their families, things get interesting. I really loved the quotes at the beginning of each chapter. They were all from various Shakespeare plays and they were really well picked.
It was really easy to get into this book and it had such a cute cover too! I also like the varying narrators. Kate, then Caleb. I really enjoyed it.
Caleb and Kate's relationship was really fresh. I liked Kate's personality because although you'd think of her as a stuck up brat, she had some soul and was quite a deep thinker. Caleb was also pretty cool and always thought outside of the box. The characters were all pretty great. I liked random ones like Kate's little brother. He was a funny little kid. The peers were also pretty fun to read about although a little cliche.
Favorite Character: Kate. Like I said, she was more refined than you would think. She may be a little spoiled, but she is a good girl.
Crush: Caleb. I really liked when they did the trust project and how he would plan such unique things. It was also cute how he'd had a crush on Kate ever since she was a little girl.
Book-a-likes: She's So Dead to Us by Kieran Scott, The Unwritten Rule by Elizabeth Scott,
I give Caleb and Kate an A-. It was a really cute read and so lovable. It may not have been a favorite, but it was definitely enjoyable.
I recommend Caleb and Kate for those 12+. It was a fairly clean book. I think it's partially because Cindy Martinusen-Coloma is a Juvenile Christian author. I enjoyed it though.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Caleb + Kate.